Pages

Friday 23 November 2012

The first day on the mountain





So Whistler mountain officially opened a week earlier than expected and lets just say there were lots of people excited about it all!











The line outside the guest services center at the base of the mountain started forming at least 24 hours before opening and there were people camped out in the wind rain and snow over night just to be the first up the mountain!
The line starting to form on opening morning, 2 hours before opening! 
We chose to skip the crowds and went up the following day!

Rhys headed up early in the morning to get a few runs in as I was babysitting.. if you could call it that! I went up and down in the gondola and played in the snow for a few hours.




I got all dressed up in my new gear and hiked up to the village to jump on the gondola (this time with my board and purpose) and put my boots in the snow for the first time! I was skeptical.. it had been a while since i'd last boarded, 4 years if my memory serves me correctly!



But i had a very patient instructor who helped me down the mountain and so what if it took us a few hours to go down 1 run and we were the last people on the chair that afternoon, I made it, didn't kill myself and even started to get into my turns!!



Needless to say, I'm now more excited about the rest of the season and am really looking forward to some more snow so we can start to really explore the rest of the mountain!  


No comments:

Post a Comment