Pages

Friday 1 March 2013

BUNGEEE!!!



Those of you that know me would know how exctied I was when I saw this sign posted in our staff room at work..

Bungee would have to be one of those things I’ve always wanted to do but never really had the chance to do and what an opportunity it was at $10!

So it was real, I was going to jump off a bridge, the only thing I needed to figure out was how to best  capture the moment! The GoPro was the obvious choice, but I had to work out how to hold it to get the best angle and of course, not drop it into the river below!  One of the guys from work though had set up a pretty sweet pole, so after hed jumped and his go-pro had survived,  we swapped our go-pros over, I strapped it to my hand (although i think strapped is probably a bit of an understatement) and I was so ready to go.


We were a pretty big group so I stood around for what felt like hours watching the rest of the crew jump before it was finally my turn and the harness and bungee were attached to me! The nerves didn't really kick in until the guy told me to walk out to the edge and put my toes on the edge.. it was then that I realized what I was actually doing!  I looked down, said a few choice words and jumped..

To say i liked it is a bit of an understatement; it was the biggest adrenalin rush I think i've ever had and was definitely one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I was totally buzzing when I got to the top and asked if I could jump again; sadly there was a group after us so we didn't have time, but I think I'm hooked so there will defiantely be a next time... apparently if you jump naked you get the jump for free!.. something to think about!

Rhys made me a cool video too, which you can check out at https://vimeo.com/60214252

No comments:

Post a Comment