Pages

Monday 22 October 2012

Emma in New Zealand - Part 1 Tauranga

Talk about bad timing.. two of my cousins are getting married in March next year, both in NZ and a week apart so everyone can make the trip over. Being in Canada I am going to miss them both so thought it would be nice to spend a week with all my family over in Kiwi Land before venturing off to lands unknown. Luckily, we booked our flights with Air New Zealand which stops over in Auckland before flying to Vancouver, so I left a week before Rhys so I could catch up on some much needed family time!

My dearest mother ( who also doubles as my best friend ) thought she'd like a week in NZ so joined me on my first stop and I'm so glad she did
Mum and I at the Brisbane airport 
We flew to Tauranga first to spend some time with my Grandma Izzy. It was a very eventful, fast paced and enjoyable week! Although the weather wasn't favourable and decided that rain, chill and wind was more fun than sun, we still managed to do all we wanted to do and spend some quality time with family in Tauranga. 

A beautiful day in Tauranga
 - We shopped (a standard event whenever mum and I are concerned)
- Walked , coffeed and visited a tree that had been planted in memory of my grandfather Grampas, with Aunty Karyn and Uncle Geoffery
Izzy, mum, me and Karyn with Grampas' tree

- Climbed (and narrowly avoided being blown off) to the top of The Mount
Mum's 'panoramic' shots at the top of the mount (She didn't quite know what was going on with the camera at the time!)



The view from the top!
Striking a pose at the top
- Went back to visit Grampas's tree on the anniversary of his passing, to tie a red bow and provide the little tree some extra support in the strong winds
Iz and I with the newly supported tree
Mum and Iz (with her new phone)

Apparently people still use maps!?

- Walked from Izzy's to Karyn's (and we're nearly blown away - again) for dinner to celebrate the truely great man that was my grandfather 
- Spa'd with the golden oldies back at Izzy's place and did so in true style!
Walking to the pool attire (Greenwood Park style!)

After a jam packed few days, we tearfully said our goodbyes, thanked Iz for her warm hospitality, jumped into the most stylish and powerful (*note the sarcasm*) rental car, and road tripped our way up to Auckland on Wednesday. 

The little car (that wished) it could


No comments:

Post a Comment